Acupuncture & TCM
Why would I use acupuncture to prepare for my labour?
We have found that Acupuncture reduces the average time of labour, eases discomfort, and reduces anxiety about upcoming labour or delivery.
Acupuncture can help:
- To reduce anxiety
- To help you sleep better
- To prevent constipation and bloating
- To manage common pregnancy symptoms like back pain, hip
- To optimally position the baby especially if the baby is in a breech position
- Pain, headaches, stress, pelvic pain, sciatica
- To manage nausea and vomiting
- To manage high blood pressure
- To prevent miscarriage
- To increase energy.
Our chiropractors will take you through a comprehensive assessment, provide a thorough and clear explanation of the cause of your condition, and start you on a treatment plan tailored to your needs. Our Chiropractors have helped hundreds of people from their first trimester to their fourth (post-baby).
People choose Chiropractic care during pregnancy for 4 reasons:
- Webster Technique: gentle chiropractic technique to help with pelvic alignment
- Round ligament pain
- Low back pain or sciatica
We love working with our prenatal patients at the clinic because we become part of their journey. Whether it’s the 1st baby or 3rd, each experience is different, and we learn so much.
Benefits of Prenatal Massage During your 1st, 2nd, 3rd Trimester:
- Increases circulation
- Assists in fetal development by supporting the body’s circulation
- Decreases swelling in the limbs
- Decreases Pain.
Naturopathic Medicine is an integrative healthcare philosophy that recognizes the importance of health during conception, pregnancy, labour and birth.
Reasons why people seek out Naturopathy during pregnancy:
- To assess your current health status
- To manage more serious pregnancy complications if they come up
- To deal with early pregnancy symptoms naturally
- To know with certainty what natural health products are safe to take while you’re pregnant
- To get answers to all your questions
Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy
As the body changes during pregnancy, there is additional impact and pressure on the pelvic floor, leading the muscles to lengthen and work harder, which is what they are meant to do.
Furthermore, seeing a pelvic physiotherapist during pregnancy may help prevent pelvic floor issues prenatally and postpartum. Your physiotherapist may teach you different breathing techniques, perineal massage, and kegels as well.
During pregnancy, the focus is on:
- lengthening the muscles to prep for labour and delivery
- strengthening the core
- learning how to push
- and addressing any existing concerns.
As a new Mom, many people are filled with anxiety and self-doubt, “will I be good enough?”
Our Psychologists will walk with you through this new time, guiding you through the 4 top issues during pregnancy:
- Seeking safe passage for herself and her child through pregnancy, labor, and delivery
- Ensuring the acceptance of the child she bears by significant persons in her family
- Binding in to her unknown child, and
- Learning to give of herself.
Prenatal Yoga is our studio specialty. We also love helping to create this vital community as many students go on to create friendships (and play dates) with each other after the birth of their babes.
Prenatal Yoga is impactful in the following ways:
- Increased energy
- Strengthens the body in preparation for birth
- Enhances the mind/body connection and calms the spirit
- The poses are safe for all trimesters and modifications are offered for injuries
- Keeps you flexible enough to minimize rib and back pain
- Empowers moms to have a more conscious labour
- Quickens postpartum recovery
- Strengthens birthing muscles
- Promotes a healthy birth
- Decreases anxiety.
Guided Visualization & Meditation Guides
We love this company! What do you get when you combine the wisdom and experience of female yoga-meditation experts with personal health challenges? A company that has created guided visualization meditations for the newbie (like me) who is crap at meditating.
Sit back, let the short guided journeys relax you and allow for healing at a deeper level.
Prepare your body and mind for a healthy delivery
You’re almost there! While you may have heard horror stories about other women’s birth experiences, know that yours doesn’t have to be the same. With our guided meditations for a healthy delivery, you can enjoy the birthing experience by decreasing stress and preparing your body for what can be a positively transformative time.
Guided meditations for every phase of your pregnancy
First of all, congratulations! We hope you’re excited about becoming a mom. And, if you’re feeling anxious and apprehensive (totally normal, by the way), then our guided meditations for pregnancy will help you calmly move through each phase of your pregnancy. In 15 minutes a day, you’ll learn more about your baby, yourself, and how to prepare for one life’s biggest events.